The next step in your journey to becoming a real estate agent is booking your State Exam. The State Exam is required to get your New York State Real Estate Salesperson License.
Follow these steps to book your State Exam:
- Use this link to create an account with the NY Department of Licensing.
- Input your information and you will receive a confirmation email with a temporary password.
- Login using this link and the temporary password they sent you in your confirmation email.
- Click ‘Apply To Take An Exam’ from the menu.
- Choose ‘Initial Sales Exam’.
- Choose the closest exam site to you and book your exam for the earliest available date.
- Submit your payment and save your Summary of Submission page.