Scheduling your real estate licensing test is a vital part of the process to become a certified real estate expert in New York. After fulfilling your required educational needs, the subsequent move is to sign up for the state licensing test. This method involves choosing a test location, opting for a convenient date, and getting ready to fulfill all of the state’s mandatory prerequisites.
Understanding the cancellation and rescheduling policies is essential to avoid unnecessary fees or delays in obtaining your license. It is important to be well-informed about the specific requirements and deadlines for exam scheduling to ensure a smooth and successful process. Additionally, choosing a reputable education provider like Corofy, which offers fully online real estate education, can be beneficial for meeting the education requirements before scheduling the exam.
- Schedule your exam after completing state-required education.
- Be aware of specific scheduling policies to avoid fees.
- Select an online real estate education provider to fulfill prerequisites.
How to Schedule the New York Real Estate License Exam
To begin the process of becoming a licensed real estate salesperson in New York, follow these steps after you’ve completed your educational requirements:
Confirm your course completion:
- Required: 77-hour salesperson prelicensing course.
- Additional: 2-hour course on Fair Housing and/or implicit bias training.
Access the Department of State (DOS) website:
- Visit www.dos.ny.gov and navigate to eAccessNY.
Create an eAccessNY account:
- If you have never been licensed, select “Create Account”.
- If you have an eAccessNY account, simply log in.
Select the exam:
- Choose “Real Estate Salesperson Exam”.
Apply to take the exam:
- Your course completion will be verified automatically.
Choose your exam location:
- Options are available through Pearson Vue test centers.
- Pay the examination fee via the provided methods.
Ensure you meet all prerequisites before scheduling your exam, as no education waivers are applicable. Attorneys admitted to the New York State Bar are exempt from education requirements but must still pass the state examination. If you are a new licensee, remember to apply for your license after passing the exam within two years. License renewals require 22.5 hours of continuing education completed within each term, without the possibility of roll-over hours.
Timely scheduling and understanding of the process can help pave the way to your successful licensure as a real estate salesperson.
Examination Scheduling Information
Before you can start your career as a real estate salesperson or broker in New York, scheduling and passing the state licensing exam is essential. Follow these steps to arrange your exam:
Complete Required Education: Ensure you have finished the mandatory 77 hours of salesperson qualifying education or 152 hours for brokers.
eAccessNY Account: Create or access an existing account on the New York State Department of State’s eAccessNY online system, which is the hub for scheduling your exam.
Choose Exam Type: Select whether you are scheduling for the salesperson or broker examination.
Pick an Exam Date: Availability varies, so choose from the open dates provided. It is advisable to schedule in advance to secure your desired date.
Exam Online Options: Some exams may be available to take online. Verify if this option suits your needs and follow the specific guidelines provided for online testing environments.
Confirm Details: Double-check the exam time, location (if in-person), and any required materials to bring, such as identification or certificates from your completed courses.
Prepare for the Exam: Study all materials covered in your qualifying education, and consider additional preparation through a fully online real estate school such as Corofy.
PSI Services: For certain exams, you may be redirected to schedule through PSI, an external testing provider. Follow their specific instructions if applicable.
Remember to take note of your schedule and arrive or log in on time for your exam. Good luck!
When scheduling your real estate licensing exam, selecting an appropriate exam site is crucial. Below is a list of sites across New York where you can take the examination for both salesperson and broker licenses.
- 80 South Swan Street, the Alfred E. Smith State Office Building, situated at the junction of Washington Avenue and South Swan Street.
- The 15th Floor of the State Office Building, located at 44 Hawley Street.
- The 8th Floor of the State Office Building, at 295 Main Street.
For additional locales in New York, consult local listings or the Department of Real Estate website.
In case of severe weather, check on Facebook or Twitter instead of calling the exam location. If you require assistance or further details regarding the exam, contact the Division of Licensing Services office nearest you or the Albany phone center.
Please note that the exam will commence at the designated start time, and late admittance is not permitted.
- VFW Hall, located at 68 Lincoln Road, Basement.
- The Perry Duryea State Office Building, Basement Conference Room at 250 Veterans Memorial Highway.
New York City:
- Situated on the 2nd Floor of 123 William Street.
- Clinton Community College in the George Moore Building/Main Building, Room 105M at 136 Clinton Point Drive.
- The Rockland Country Fire Training Center at 35 Firemen’s Memorial Drive.
- Finger Lakes DDSO, 620 Westfall Road.
Syracuse & Utica:
- The State Office Building in both cities offers rooms dedicated to testing.
For specific room locations in Syracuse, and further details on any sites, please contact the Department of Real Estate.
Visually impaired individuals can use the New York State relay service by dialing 1-800-662-1220 for any inquiries.
When preparing to take your real estate licensing exam in New York, understanding the cancellation and rescheduling policy is crucial. If you need to change your exam appointment, it is important to act promptly.
Rescheduling: You can reschedule your exam online, and to avoid any penalties, make sure to do so at least two days before your scheduled test date. Rescheduling options may be limited, and availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Adequate Notice: Reschedule at least 48 hours in advance.
- Late Notice: If less than 48 hours remain, you may face restrictions or fees.
Cancellation: If you decide to cancel your exam appointment, follow the same time frame as rescheduling. Be aware that repeatedly canceling or rescheduling can lead to fewer available options.
Results Expiration: Once you pass the exam, keep in mind that your results do not have an indefinite validity. You’ll need to apply for your salesperson license within two years, or the results will expire.
- Two-Year Period: Successfully passed exam scores are valid for license application up to two years after the test date. Post-expiration will require re-examination.
Remember: Your education credentials, once applied towards a license, will not expire and can be used for future credential upgrades. In case of any uncertainties regarding your situation, contact your real estate school or the relevant licensing authority for guidance.
Who Is Corofy?
Corofy represents a modern approach to real estate training, primarily serving those eager to become licensed real estate professionals in New York. As an entirely online educational institution, Corofy prides itself on providing an efficient, affordable avenue for aspirants to pursue their licensing goals.
When you opt for Corofy, you’re choosing a learning environment that allows flexibility. You can navigate the course material at your own speed, using any device that suits you. Here’s what you can accomplish through their platform:
- Complete Pre-Licensing Course: This course prepares you for the real estate licensure with comprehensive New York-specific content.
- Pass Your Exams: Study tools like practice quizzes and chapter exams are provided to enhance your understanding and readiness.
- Find a Sponsoring Broker: Connect with a network of professionals to find a broker that aligns with your career aspirations.
- Begin Your Career: After passing your exam, easily apply for your New York State Real Estate Salesperson License through eAccessNY.
Corofy ensures that your journey from an applicant to a certified real estate salesperson or broker is smooth. Students report user-friendly interactions and responsive customer support throughout the course. After completing the course and passing the final exam, resources are available for you to connect with a sponsoring broker and finish your license application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling your real estate licensing exam is a critical step in becoming a licensed real estate agent. It involves understanding specific procedures, identifying the authorized exam providers, and meeting state-specific requirements.
What steps should I follow to schedule my real estate licensing exam?
To schedule your real estate licensing exam, start by completing your pre-licensing education requirements. Next, apply for the exam through your state’s real estate commission website. Upon approval, choose a date and testing center that works best for you.
Which providers administer the real estate licensing exam in Minnesota?
The real estate licensing exam in Minnesota is administered by Pearson VUE. It is essential to register with Pearson VUE and schedule a time for your exam, following the completion of your education requirements.
Can you list the requirements for taking the real estate exam in California?
In California, you must complete a specified number of hours in approved real estate courses and submit an application and fingerprints to the Department of Real Estate. After your application is approved, you will receive instructions to schedule your licensing exam.
How do I find the PSI Real Estate exam dates and locations?
PSI Real Estate exam dates and locations can be found by visiting the PSI website. You will need to create an account, log in, and follow the prompts to view available dates and locations for your state.
What is the process for registering for the real estate exam in Wisconsin?
To register for the real estate exam in Wisconsin, you must complete the necessary educational coursework, apply for the exam, and then select a testing date and location through the examination provider’s scheduling system.
What do I need to know before scheduling my real estate licensing exam in Michigan?
Before scheduling your real estate licensing exam in Michigan, ensure that you’ve met all the education prerequisites. Then, submit the application for the licensing exam, and once approved, schedule your exam with the test provider identified by the Michigan real estate commission.