The first step in getting your New York real estate license is completing your New York 77-hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course. Discover what you’ll learn in Corofy’s interactive, user-friendly online real estate course.
New York 77-hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course Structure
- Orientation – Learn about the course, Final Exam, and other important information about Corofy.
- Chapter 1 – License Law and Regulations – Learn about license law and the responsibilities of a licensed real estate salesperson.
- Chapter 2 – Law of Agency – Learn about the role of real estate brokerages, agency disclosures, and how you’ll earn money as a real estate agent.
- Chapter 3.A – Legal Issues: Part 1 – Learn about the legal issues associated with estates, interests, liens, and easements and how to navigate them as a real estate agent.
- Chapter 3.B – Legal Issues: Part 2 – Learn about the legal issues associated with deeds and title closings and how to navigate them as a real estate agent.
- Chapter 4 – The Contract of Sales and Leases – Learn about the various types of contracts and leases, standard lease provisions, and how to prepare a contract.
- Chapter 5 – Real Estate Finance – Learn about the various types of mortgages, lender criteria, and predatory lending practices.
- Chapter 6 – Mortgage Brokerages – Learn about the role, requirements, and responsibilities of a mortgage broker.
- Chapter 7 – Real Estate Mathematics – Learn basic real estate mathematics and the various duties as a real estate agent that will require mathematical skills.
- Chapter 8 – Land Use Regulations – Learn about Planning Boards and Zoning Boards, area planning, and private land use controls.
- Chapter 9 – Municipal Agencies – Learn about municipal agencies, the function of each agency, and the various agencies a real estate agent will encounter in their work.
- Chapter 10 – Construction and Environmental Issues – Learn about major contruction and electrical systems and contemporary and longstanding environmental issues.
- Chapter 11 – Valuation Process and Pricing Properties – Learn about appraisals, valuations, market value, and how properties are priced.
- Chapter 12 – Human Rights and Fair Housing – Learn about the basic tenets of fair housing, types of discrimination, and the responsibility of a real estate agent in upholding fair housing.
- Chapter 13 – Property Insurance – Learn about property insurance, it’s purpose, and the real estate agent’s role in explaining property insurance to a home buyer.
- Chapter 14 – Taxes and Assessments – Learn about how real estate taxes are calculated, the purpose of taxation, and which properties are exempt.
- Chapter 15 – Condominiums and Cooperatives – Learn about the differences between condominiums and cooperatives and how to assess a buyer’s ability to buy either type of property.
- Chapter 16 – Commercial and Investment Real Estate – Learn about the various types of investment properties and methods of advertising investment properties.
- Chapter 17 – Income Tax in Real Estate Transactions – Learn about federal income tax, federal tax rules, capital gains, and tax depreciation.
- Chapter 18 – Property Management – Learn about the requirements and responsibilities of a property manager and how to become a property manager.
- Chapter 19 – Licensee Safety – Learn about safety concerns associated with being a real estate agent, how to maintain your safety, and liability issues.
- Final Exam – Measure what you’ve learned during the course and prepare for your New York State Real Estate Exam. Click here to learn more about the Final Exam.
An interactive, user-friendly course with content that will actually be on the NY State Exam is key to starting your real estate career on the right foot. Click here to learn more about the Corofy course.
What kind of real estate agent will you be?
Take the 2-minute quiz below to find out the specialty best suited for you and how much money you can earn from it.