Choose A New York Real Estate License School
The first step to getting your New York real estate license is choosing a real estate school that meets your needs and lifestyle. You’ll need to determine which characteristics are most important to you, keeping in mind that the New York real estate license course that you choose will play a major role in setting you up for success as a real estate agent.
Read on to discover the most important factors to consider when choosing a New York 77-hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing course.
How do I choose a New York 77-Hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course?
Choosing a New York real estate license school is a big decision. This article details all of the course features you should consider when choosing a New York 77-Hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course. With this information, you’ll be fully equipped to choose the right school for you—let’s dive in!
Formats For The NY Real Estate License Course
Your New York Real estate Pre-Licensing Course can be taken online or in a classroom. Deciding whether to complete your New York 77-hour pre-licensing course online or in a classroom can actually have a significant impact on how quickly you get your New York real estate license, how affordable it is, and how prepared you are for the industry.
Can I complete my NY real estate license online?
Online real estate classes tend to offer students a more flexible and affordable method of completing their NY real estate education requirements than in-person courses do.
You can choose to take a self-paced online real estate course, an instructor-led online real estate course, or a live-streamed webinar course.
- Self-Paced Online Real Estate Course: If you choose to complete your New York 77-hour real estate pre-licensing course in a self-paced online real estate course, you have the flexibility to complete the course at your own pace, on any device. You can choose when and where you want to complete the course and aren’t required to meet at a certain time. Self–paced online real estate courses are a great option for people who work or go to school full time, are generally busy, or want to complete the course as quickly as possible.
- Instructor-Led Online Real Estate Course: In an instructor-led online real estate course, you will typically meet with your instructor a couple of times a week to review the course material. In this format, you have the opportunity to meet with your instructor and ask any questions you may have. Instructor-led online real estate courses are best fit for people who enjoy being taught directly by an instructor and have a schedule that allows for them to meet with their class throughout the week. Note that instructor-led courses typically meet on weekdays during the day and take a few months to complete.
- Live-Streamed Webinar Real Estate Course: Similar to an instructor-led course, live-streamed webinar real estate courses are best fit for people who have an open schedule during the week, as you will be required to meet at the scheduled dates and times of the class and you must be present and online during that time. Some students enjoy this format as it gives them the opportunity to interact with their instructor and other classmates throughout the course.
Can I complete my NY real estate license in person?
In-person real estate license courses differ most significantly from online real estate classes in that they require students to meet at the physical location of the course during the scheduled class dates.
While a classroom setting may be more ideal for some learners, it does tend to be more expensive and time-consuming than online course options. In this format, students are only able to work on the course during their scheduled class time.
This course option is best fit for people who have the schedule and capability to travel to an in-person course.
How much does it cost to get a Real Estate License in New York?
Typically, NY real estate license course options cost upwards of $500+. Because of this, the affordability of a course tends to be one of the most important factors for many people when choosing a course.
Typically, online NY real estate courses range from $250 – $500+ and the cost of in-person courses tend to start at $500.
If the cost of your New York real estate license course is important to you, we recommend doing your research to find a course that is more affordable.
Choose A NY Real Estate Course With A User-Friendly Course Platform
One of the most overlooked features of a New York online real estate course is how user-friendly and practical it’s platform is. The right platform has the power to make the New York real estate course engaging, practical, and applicable to real life scenarios you may face as an agent.
Besides helping you stay awake during the course, an interactive course also has been proven to help students better understand and retain the material they’re learning, resulting in a higher chance of passing the New York State Real Estate Exam on the first attempt.
We recommend choosing a New York real estate license school that values having an intuitive, user-friendly learning platform for its students.
Choose A Course That Offers Support For Students
Whether it’s regarding a technical issue, questions about the course material, or even requesting a refund, it’s important to choose a New York real estate license school that provides prompt and helpful support to its students.
When researching New York real estate courses, make sure that the courses offer around the clock support in these 3 areas:
- Instructor Support – Access to support from your instructor is an extremely valuable resource, especially when completing the New York real estate license course online. The best online real estate license courses in New York ensure students are able to contact their instructor with any questions or concerns they may have while completing the course.
- Customer Support – As you are beginning your journey to getting your New York real estate license, you may have questions regarding the industry, next steps after completing the course, or even need to request a refund if you’re not happy with the course. We recommend choosing a real estate licensing course that has a customer support team to help with these matters.
- Technical Support – When completing an online course, you may run into technical difficulties along the way. Be sure that the New York 77-hour real estate course you choose has a technical support team to help you through any technical issues that may arise.
Choose A Course That Helps With The New York State Real Estate Exam
Passing your New York State Real Estate Exam is one of the last, and most important, steps to getting your New York real estate license.
While you will be done with the 77-hour pre-licensing course by the time you take your State Exam, a great real estate license school will be sure to prepare you with the resources and information necessary to pass the exam on the first attempt.
When researching New York real estate courses, keep an eye out for schools that offer these 3 benefits:
- Help With Scheduling State Exam – Acing the New York State Real Estate Exam starts with having access to up-to-date information about the exam and in-depth instructions on how to book the exam while you are still completing the course. Look for New York real estate courses that offer assistance with booking your exam and providing all the information you’ll need prior to taking it.
- New York State Real Estate Exam Preparation – The key to acing the NY State Exam is studying and preparing using resources offered by your course provider. Be sure to choose a NY real estate course that offers access to chapter summaries, practice exams, and tips and advice so you can prepare for the test as you’re completing the course.
- New York State Real Estate Exam Pass Rate – The best online real estate pre-licensing courses help you meet your education requirements and pass your State Licensing Exam on the first try, ensuring you get licensed and start earning money as a real estate agent as soon as possible. We recommend looking into the pass rates for each school you’re considering.
Choose A NY Real Estate Course That Offers Job Placement Resources
If you’re in the process of choosing a New York real estate licensing school, you’re probably wondering how you’ll actually get a job in real estate.
Choose an online real estate course that provides job placement assistance and has excellent brokerage relationships so you can interview with the top real estate companies in your area.
The best online real estate schools in New York should also offer personalized assistance and helpful advice from in-house career counselors to ensure you get hired by the right brokerage for your goals.
Choose A NY Real Estate Course With 5 Star Reviews
Perhaps the most important factor to consider when choosing a school to complete your New York 77-hour Real Estate Course with is what their students have to say!
We recommend checking out student testimonials and reviews from schools you’re considering to make sure the school you’re choosing in the right choice. Pay close attention to what students have to say about the course factors that are most important to you.
Choosing a New York real estate school is the first decision you make after deciding to get your New York real estate license, so it’s important you do it right!
Here are a few things to remember when choosing a New York real estate licensing school:
- Consider which format of the course will be best for your lifestyle, goals, and needs.
- Determine which course features are most important to you and base your decision off those factors.
- Pay attention to reviews from students that have completed their NY real estate pre-licensing course with that school.
Now that you have all the information you’ll need to choose your New York real estate pre-license course, it’s time to complete the course. The next article in the New York Real Estate License Guide 101 will cover everything about completing the New York 77-Hour Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course, from the course curriculum to what to expect.