You don’t have to be a pro at being on camera to ace your VideoAsk. Follow these easy steps to create a video that’s engaging, interactive, and showcases your best self.
Pick the Right Space
- Avoid dark, dingy corners and harsh backlighting in favor of a bright, naturally lit space.
- Make sure the space is quiet, lacking distracting background noise
Find Your Best Angle
- Find your best angle and center yourself in the shot
- Ensure the camera is stable (don’t hold it and move around)
- If using your phone, the back camera is usually higher quality, so set your phone up or ask a friend or family member for help.
Get To the Point
- You want brokerages to get to know you right away
- Start talking immediately after the countdown
- Use speaker notes to prompt you if you’re worried about forgetting what to say
- Find a balance between being professional and casually you
- Sit up straight, smile, and speak clearly
- It’s okay to use speaker notes, but don’t ju